Personal Data Protection Policy for Customers / Prospective Customers
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) recently came into force and its aim is to regulate the processing of personal information in commercial transaction and to safeguard the interest of individuals. We, IJM Plantations Berhad, value and respect our personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Policy explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the PDPA.
1. Collection and Source
In the course of your dealings with us, IJM Plantations Berhad and its subsidiaries, associates, affiliates and/or members within the IJM Plantations group (collectively, referred to as "us", "our" or "we" in this Personal Data Protection Policy), you may be requested to provide your personal data ("Personal Data"), to enable us to enter into transactions with you or to communicate with you on the services and/or products related to our business. These may be done through various means, including but not limited to:
- our forms whether in electronic or hardcopy format;
- any correspondence that we have received from you requesting for information or making any inquiries; and/or
- business cards or other information provided to us.
2. Types of Personal Data
Such Personal Data may include, but is not limited to information concerning your name, age, identity card number, passport number, address, email address, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation, income range, contact information such as telephone, mobile and facsimile number, race, nationality, type of loans applied for in relation to the purchase of property, and information of third parties such as your emergency contact person, tenant, authorised representatives, contractors, lawyers, and financiers, which may be subject to applicable data protection and other similar laws.
3. Purposes of Processing
We process your Personal Data for, amongst others, the following purposes (collectively, “Purpose”):
- those purposes provided for in any particular service or product offered by us or our business partners;
- to administer and carry out our customer and prospective customer relationship management procedures;
- maintaining our records of our customers and prospective customers and our internal record keeping;
- conducting marketing, client profiling and business development activities as well as market research and statistical analysis and customer surveys regarding our projects, products and/or services;
- processing your application under any of our programme;
- if you are applying for a scholarship, in addition to the purposes set out here, for evaluating and assessing your eligibility for scholarships as may be provided by us and if you are successful, for the subsequent preparation and execution of the relevant agreements and documents and administration of the scholarship;
- complying with any legal or regulatory requirements and to make the necessary disclosures under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular and/or code which are applicable to us and for the prevention of crime;
Generally, we will keep the Personal Data provided to us as confidential. Nevertheless, you consent to the following disclosures of the Personal Data by us to these classes of third parties which may be located within or outside Malaysia for reasons relating to the Purpose:
- any parties to whom we are under a legal requirement to disclose the Personal Data to by applicable law or in response to an authoritative body, including government agencies, statutory authorities, local councils and/or industry regulators including but not limited to the land office, the land registry, the Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government, the Employees Provident Fund Board the Inland Revenue Board, as ell as to any other third party pursuant to any court order;
- contractors and service providers, including but not limited to auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers, financial and professional advisers, lenders, insurance companies and property management companies;
- our subsidiaries, associates, affiliates and/or members within the IJM group of companies; and/or
- our joint venture and business partners.
5. Protection of Personal Data
Your Personal Data is important to us. We are committed to keeping and processing the Personal Data in a secure matter. We will implement appropriate administrative and security safeguards, procedures and policies to the extent practicable and in accordance with applicable laws, to prevent any unauthorized and unlawful processing of the Personal Data and the accidental loss, destruction or damage to the Personal Data at all times.
6. Consequences of Refusal or Failure to Supply
The refusal or failure to provide the Personal Data may result in the following:
- the inability of parties to formalize and/or carry out the relevant agreement or transaction in relation to the sale of our property, products and/or services;
- the inability for us provide you with the information, products and/or services requested; and/or
- the inability to provide you information about our products and/or services and obtaining your feedback on our products and/or services.
7. Access and Correction
You have the right to:
- check whether we hold or use the Personal Data and request access to the same;
- request that we correct any of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- communicate to us your objection to the use of the Personal Data for marketing purposes;
- withdraw, in full or in part, your consent, subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and reasonable time period.
Contact Person: Personal Data Protection Officer
Tel No.: 089-667721
Fax No.: 089-667728
Any inquiries or complaints with respect to your Personal Data should also be channelled to us in this manner.
8. Third party consent
In the event you have provided personal data of third parties (e.g. your emergency contact person, tenant, authorised representatives, contractors, lawyers, financiers) to us, we rely on you to have sufficiently obtained the prior consent of such third parties to allow us to process their personal data in relation to the Purpose.
9. Changes to our Personal Data Protection Policy
We may, from time to time, need or be required to change our Personal Data Protection Policy to comply with or be consistent with changes in applicable law and regulations as well as our business operations or policies. As such, you may wish to review any changes to our Personal Data Protection Policy at this website from time to time.