IJM Plantations Berhad
IJM Plantations Berhad is an upstream agri-business company involved in oil palm plantations. The principal activities of the Group are cultivating of oil palm trees, processing fresh fruit bunches (“FFB”) into crude palm oil (“CPO”) and processing of palm kernel (“PK”) into crude palm kernel oil and expellers. The Company was listed on the main board of Bursa Malaysia in 2003. The history of the Group dates back to its humble beginnings in 1985 when it first ventured into a land-bank of 4,000 hectares in Desa Talisai estates in Sabah, Malaysia.
The Group’s oil palm plantations spanning a total land area of approximately 60,981 hectares are located in Sabah, East Kalimantan and Sumatra. The relatively young palm profile of its Indonesian operations, places the Group in a favorable position to capitalise on significant production growth opportunities as the oil palm trees reach prime age.
The Group has six (6) palm oil mills with a total FFB processing capacity of 300 mt of FFB per hour which are strategically located in close proximity to its plantations. The four (4) palm oil mills in the Malaysian operations command a total processing capacity of 180 mt of FFB per hour. The remaining two (2) mills are located in the Indonesian operations and have a capacity of 120 mt of FFB per hour.
The Group is committed to uphold the highest standards of performance in its plantations, to remain focused on productivity and innovations, and care for environment, its’ people and surrounding communities to enable the Group to achieve its vision and to realise a balanced mix between growth and sustainability.
To be a leading regional plantation group.
To uphold the highest standards of performance in our plantations and agri-businesses.
We strive to:
- Uphold the highest standards of professionalism and exemplary corporate governance to maximize the benefits for all stakeholders;
- Respect the different cultures, gender, religion, human rights and dignity of our stakeholders;
- Ensure the standard of our agricultural and milling practices is of quality that matches or exceeds others in the industry;
- Create a conducive environment for team spirit among our employees to work towards a unified workforce; and
- Be a responsible and respected corporate citizen with concerns for social, safety, health and environmental issues.
At IJM Plantations Berhad, we are guided by a set of core values in everything we do. These core values form an integral part of our corporate culture which is geared towards sustainable development.
There values are INTEGRITY, TEAMWORK, INNOVATION and CUSTOMER FOCUS.